Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How To Be Dee Dee (aka Annette Funicello)


Dee Dee (played by Annette Funicello in the beach party movies) is a fun-loving girl who can often be found hanging out at the beach with her friends. In honor of our darling Annette, I'd thought I'd write up this little how-to so you can bring a little carefree beachy-breezy style into your own life!

Step One: Oh I'm sorry, did I say carefree? I meant that you'd better have your big teased sprayed 60s hair on, beach or no beach!

Step Two: That goes for makeup too. You'd better be wearing it!

Step Three: Thou shalt not wear a bikini. EVER. You are allowed one tiny strip of skin and a wee bit of cleavage. That is all.

Step Four: Dee Dee is always up for a challenge. Try something that scares you a little, like sky diving! It'll be a great story to tell later, if nothing else!

Step Five: Brush up on your performing skills. You may need to break into song at any moment. And make sure you know the Rock-a-Cha!

Step Six: Be pointlessly jealous of the girls around your boyfriend. Wait around patiently for him to finish flirting with whatever new girl comes along, and be there for him when he decides to come back.

You know what? Screw that. You're too good for him, Dee Dee! I say you leave Frankie's ass in the sand and go hang out with your girlfriends. You don't need that slob!


And try all you want, but you just won't reach this adorable perfection. 
R.I.P. Annette

1 comment:

  1. Was just about to post a very small farewell to Annette on my movie blog, too.
    And I agree about Dee Dee just leaving Frank and hanging out with her friends. Much better idea in my opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete